How Solar PV Works
1. The sun’s power provides clean energy in your home by interacting with solar modules installed on a south, east or west facing roof that is bathed in sunlight, without shade or obstructions.
2. The solar modules produce direct current (DC) when sunlight activates them.
3. An inverter changes the direct current (DC) to alternating current (AC) and it is sent to your circuit breaker and provides electric to your home.
4. Any power not used during the daytime is sent to the power grid, allowing you to access your system’s excess generated power at night, saving money and energy.
5. Excess power is returned to the power grid and is credited to your account.